Breaking News

African News

SA to upgrade ports of entry to boost regional trade – Gigaba

October 25 2017– South African Finance Minister Malusi Gigaba on Wednesday said government was planning to upgrade the country’s key ports of entry in a bid to improve regional trade and curb slow economic growth. Gigaba said that there were many opportunities across the Sub-Saharan African region that South African companies could capitalise on as the region’s growth outlook had ... Read More »

Togan president urged to step down

October 25 2017 – The United States State Department has expressed deep concern over rising levels of violence and restrictions on freedom of expression and assembly in Togo, related to protests over proposed constitutional reforms. “We are particularly troubled by reports of excessive use of force by security forces and reports that government-sponsored vigilantes are using force and the threat ... Read More »

Kenya government bans protests ahead of election rerun

October 13 2017 – KENYA’s government, yesterday, Thursday banned demonstrations in three key cities, as tension was building ahead of a disputed rerun of the presidential election. Protests were banned in the capital city of Nairobi, coastal port city Mombasa and the western city of Kisumu, Interior Minister Fred Matiang’i said in a statement. The ban comes a day after ... Read More »

Kenyatta blasts Kenya’s judiciary

NAIROBI, Sept 2  2017 – KENYA’s president Uhuru Kenyatta said on Saturday (today) the country has “a problem” with its judiciary that must be fixed, a day after the Supreme Court annulled his election win last month and ordered a new poll within 60 days. “We shall revisit this thing. We clearly have a problem,” he said, referring to the ... Read More »

Southern Africa pledges to end violence against children

August 30  2017  – SOUTHERN African countries have committed to ending violence against children after World Vision Southern Africa officially launched its regional five-year campaign on Wednesday. The launch in Johannesburg, South Africa, was part of World Vision’s roll-out of its global campaign to curb violence against children entitled “It takes a world to end violence against children”. A United ... Read More »

President Mugabe expected in SA for SADC indaba

July 27 2017 –  PRESIDENT Robert Mugabe and other regional leaders are expected in South Africa for the forthcoming 37th Southern Africa Development Community (SADC) Ordinary Summit of Heads of State and Government to be held at the department of international relations in Pretoria next month, deputy director-general responsible for Africa at the department of international relations and cooperation Xolisa Makaya . The SADC summit ... Read More »

Ex 91 year old Senegalese president to run for elections

July 11  2017 – Former  91 year old Senegalese President Abdoulaye Wade has returned to the capital Dakar to lead his party for the forthcoming elections after spending years abroad following a failed attempt at securing a third term in office. The Wade flew into Dakar on Monday from Paris, accompanied by his wife Viviane. He retains a strong support ... Read More »

SA erred in not arresting al-Bashir – ICC

July 7  2017 – SA ‘s failure to arrest and surrender Sudanese President Omar al Bashir in 2015, South Africa failed in its legal duty to comply with a request by the International Criminal Court (ICC), contrary to the provisions of the Rome Statute, it was ruled on (today) Thursday. “The chamber concludes by not arresting Omar al-Bashir between 13 ... Read More »

Earthquake hits Mozambique

June 24  2017 —  A 5.8 magnitude earthquake hit the central region of Mozambique around 4:30 in this morning, says Mozambican authorities in Maputo. According to the authorities the epicenter was 34 km from Dondo district in Sofala province and it was 10 km deep. The mining institute general director, Adriano Senvano confirmed that the earthquake was also felt in the ... Read More »

Half of Boko Haram victims food aid diverted

 June 18  2017 – AT LEAST  half of Nigerian government food aid sent northeast for hungry people driven from their homes by Boko Haram has been “diverted” and never reached them, a government official said. Some 1.5 million people are on the brink of famine in the northeast, where the jihadist group has killed more than 20 000 people and ... Read More »

BIGTheme.net • Free Website Templates - Downlaod Full Themes
error: Content is protected !!
Visit Us On TwitterVisit Us On FacebookCheck Our Feed